Tai is back to his crazy self. I took him out to the toilet lunch time and he promptly ran over and picked up a ball and dropped it at my feet! I took it off him so he went and got the munched-up bucket. He really doesn't think he should be taking things slowly... what a surprise. I crated him outside on the deck this arvo so he could get some fresh air while I took apart the weaves and put his jumps and bumps away.
He is still pretty tired and he's currently curled up in his crate on the wheat bag so obviously liking the warmth. He has been licking at his shaved spots though and they are already turning red. I've used some Miracle Mist and also arnica which he likes to lick off!! I might get some cooling-type gel to put on to see if that helps relieve the itchiness.
Tai got his dressing changed today and now has a more manly blue colour. The wounds are nice and clean but there is quite some swelling down the bottom of his leg. He was a very good patient and let Steve flex his wrist and toes to push the fluid back up, which Steve was surprised he allowed him to do. Its makes it soooo much easier and less stressful to have a dog which is trusting and well tempered. I'm going to change the dressing again in 4 days and then the staples will come out Saturday week.
He is also putting some weight in it sometimes like when he is cocking his leg!! or just standing/sitting so I'm hopeful once the staples are out that he will begin to weight bare straight away, even if its only slightly.
Tai saw an osteopath 4 days after the operation which was timely as it was booked a month ago!!
No comments:
Post a Comment