Saturday, May 23, 2009

Agility training!

We've been doing bits and pieces since the all clear from the orthopedic vet and the physio. Tai has begun his 2x2 weave training and we are progressing with jumping grids and did our first double-box sequence today!!

I think the weaker left leg is making it harder for him to get the correct entries in the 2x2 training so we are going to have a break from it and then start again at the two pole stage.

He is not lame after his short (2-5 min) sessions which is a great sign. However, he is lighter on his leg near the end of the session.


There is still so so much to do before getting in the ring and the crappy wet weather is not helping. Fingers cro
ssed it improves soon.

Tai seems to lose his brain when I start running beside him so I think that is a good indication to go back to circle work!!!

T
hought this was a cool pic of him wrapping tight around his cone...
... and digging in to come to front during a stationary recall.

Happy training :)

No comments: